The diagnostic centre Diagnostični center Bled was founded on 18 December 1992 by Milan Gorenšek, MD. It is the first private diagnostic centre in Slovenia. The company acquired a concession from the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia for the performance of the work in the health care sector and concluded a contract with the Health Insurance Institute of the Republic of Slovenia. From the beginning, examinations on referral have been possible. The main activity of the centre was gastroenterology. In the years that followed, the range and the scope of activities grew larger.
- 1998: opening of the subsidiary Lipa Medical Centre in Ljubljana
- 1999: purchase of additional premises in Bled
- 2001: purchase of the majority share in the Rogaška Health Spa (in 2014 we sold our majority share)
- 2003: opening of the Labod Restaurant, which is located in the immediate vicinity of our centre and is also open for other guests
- 2007: merger of the Lipa Medical Centre
- 2008: merger of the company Endoskopija (clinics in Ljubljana and in Kostanjevica na Krki)
- 2009: construction of the subsidiary in Ljubljana
- 2012: renovation of the rooms on the third floor of the Bled Diagnostic Centre
- 2015: purchase of the company by ARX Equity Partners and Euromedic Investments
- 2015: renovation of the clinics, rooms and premises in Bled
- 2016: renovation of the clinics in Kostanjevica na Krki
- 2016: new unit in Novo mesto - Medi Cons kardiologija d.o.o.
The Bled Diagnostic Centre performs a number of activities; we perform more than 30,000 examinations a year, which are mostly outpatient, while in a certain number of cases, hospitalization of the patient is required. The essence of our centre is to reach a diagnosis in the shortest possible time on the basis of all the required examinations. This diagnosis is the foundation for the patient’s further path to health.
In future years we will continue to expand our offer of health services by creating new health programmes and developing medical tourism in Bled.