With the ultrasound of the leg veins we discover chronic failure of surface veins or varicose veins, establish places of failure, consult with patients about appropriate measures, present the method of treatment and assess whether treatment is still necessary.
Vascular system diseases affect men as well as women. The examination is recommended, if you experience leg problems or swelling or notice the first signs of varicose veins.
When should you decide to undergo an ultrasound of the leg veins?
- If you suspect you have deep vein thrombosis (blockade of the deep vein system due to a clot),
- phlebitis (inflammation of the surface veins),
- leg pain, cramping,
- leg swelling (phleboedema),
- varicose veins,
- as a control check-up during or after anticoagulation treatment due to deep vein thrombosis or phlebitis.
With the ultrasound of the leg arteries we discover early arteriosclerotic changes in the arteries. The patients are advised about preventive measures, warned about the arteriosclerosis risk factors and in case of larger, more significant changes, about the treatment.
When should you decide to undergo an ultrasound of the leg arteries?
- If you are experiencing leg pain and you do not know why,
- in case of trouble walking (when it is difficult to walk short distances),
- in case of leg pain, when we are still,
- to monitor the efficiency of the vascular system surgery results,
- to assess the condition of potential arteriosclerotic changes in patients with arteriosclerosis risk factors.
Vascular system diseases affect men as well as women. The preventive examination is recommended after the age of forty. It is especially appropriate for smokers, diabetics, people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and genetically predisposed people.
The ultrasound of the arm veins is recommended for patients with venous flow disturbances when suspecting vein thrombosis.
The ultrasound of the arm arteries is recommended for patients with poor arm blood flow, if the hands are cold, if the measured blood pressure values in the right and left hand differ, and also in case of suspected Raynaud's phenomenon.