Comprehensive Health Evaluation
The two-day Comprehensive preventive examination, which is carried out in Bled, involves the largest number of tests and is the most comprehensive and thorough. Our doctors therefore recommend it especially for those patients who are having the examination for the first time, or whose last examination was several years ago.
The Comprehensive preventive examination begins on Monday morning and ends on Tuesday early in the afternoon. Occasionally we also have weekend appointments, which take place from Friday morning to Saturday – you will finish with a preventive examination early in the afternoon, after a final interview with your doctor.
The preventive examination takes place according to a carefully planned schedule, which we will inform you about upon arrival at our center.Make an appointment Order a gift voucher
Comprehensive preventive examination consists of the following tests and services:
For the duration of the comprehensive preventive examination, which lasts 2 days, you will be under 24-hour control by a doctor and a nurse You will be accommodated in a hotel-type room and served the food, consistent with the requirements of your examination.
A comprehensive internistic treatment
A comprehensive internistic treatment involves the introductory specialist internist examination with a review of medical history and medical status. It also includes anthropometric measurements and the final consultation with the analysis and interpretation of the findings, as well as an assessment of the risk of developing a disease with an extensive written opinion.
Comprehensive laboratory tests
With the laboratory analysis we define the complete blood count, the functioning of the liver, kidneys, pancreas and thyroid, and evaluate the electrolyte balance, as well as the levels of iron, glucose and cholesterol in the blood.
BLOOD ANALYSIS: sample collection, haemogram with a differential blood count, sedimentation, hepatogram – liver condition indicators (AST, ALT, GGT, AF, bilirubin), electrolytes in blood (potassium, sodium, chlorine, calcium, phosphorus), kidney condition indicators (urea, creatinine, uric acid), pancreas tests (amylase, lipase), blood sugar – glucose, lipid profile – blood fats (cholesterols, HDL, LDL, triglycerides), CK, LDH, iron, TIBC, proteins, albumins, prothrombin time, INR, thyroid hormone – TSH, vitamin D, PSA (men).
URINE ANALYSIS: basic analysis and sediment.
Ultrasound and x-ray examinations
- Ultrasound of abdominal organs: examination of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, large abdominal vessels, urinary tract, prostate and reproductive organs,
- Ultrasound of the leg veins: with the ultrasound of the leg veins we discover failure of the surface veins or varicose veins, establish the place of failure, recommend measures and present the method of treatment or assess whether treatment is still necessary. We recommend this examination to everyone who experiences leg swelling, varicose veins, sore legs and leg cramping.
- Ultrasound of the leg arteries: with this examination we discover early arteriosclerotic changes of the arteries and warn against the arteriosclerosis risk factors. The examination is recommended for persons with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smokers, diabetics etc.
- Breast ultrasound: a non-invasive ultrasound procedure used as a standalone screening tool or as an adjunct to mammography.
- X-rays of the lungs and heart in two projections.
Gastroenterological examinations and diagnostics
- Gastroscopy: endoscopic examination of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.
The modern pace of life and eating habits also affect the functioning of the upper gastrointestinal tract and contribute to more frequent occurrence of gastritis, wounds on the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum, and increasingly also to the inflammation of oesophagus.
- Colonoscopy: endoscopic examination of the colon and a part of the small intestine.
The frequency of the cancer of the colon and rectum has increased rapidly in the recent years. Over 1500 patients per year gets sick in Slovenia, causing the disease to rank as the second most common cancer in men and third in women.
The most common discovery in colonoscopy are polyps. Over the years, these growths might develop in colon cancer. Often the polyps are detected at preventive health checks when they do not yet cause any problems. During the examination they are removed, which significantly reduces the risk of developing cancer.
At the request of the patient, endoscopic examination at Diagnostični center Bled may be performed under analgosedation for additional fee.
Gynaecological examination and diagnostics - women
Examination of the reproductive system:
- PAP smear test,
- gynaecological ultrasound.
Obstetrics is one of the few areas of medicine where a very simple examination can detect precancerous cervical lesions and cervical cancer. It also reveals changes in the vagina, especially various infections, detects tumours of the uterus and ovaries, and observes various anatomical changes.
Urological examination and diagnostics - males
Examination of the urinary tract:
- specialist urological examination,
- uroflow: measure the flow of urine,
- rectal examination of the prostate (if needed),
- PSA-analysis: analysis of the prostate-specific antigen, which is determined by blood sampling.
Prostate problems are often a cumbersome companion of men after the age of 40, regardless of whether the enlargement is benign or cancerous. With clinical examination, laboratory tests and a functional examination which measures the flow of urine, we can determine the right time for treatment.
Cardiological examination and diagnostics
A cardiovascular examination includes:
- Examination by a cardiology specialist
- Recording and inspection of an ECG: basic test in cardiology, which assesses the heart rhythm and function of the heart muscle.
- Spirometry: measurement of lung volumes and pulmonary function assessment. The exam test helps to differentiate the symptoms of pulmonary and cardiac diseases.
- Exercise stress test on a treadmill: it assesses the capacity of the cardiovascular system and determines heart function during exercise.
- Ultrasound examination of the heart: a test which identifies any changes in the valves, heart muscle thickening, chamber enlargement, etc.
- Ultrasound examination of the carotid arteries: the examination allows us to assess the early signs of atherosclerosis (hardening) of blood vessels.
Measurement of bone density in the spine and hip is recommended for individuals over the age of 35. The exam enables early detection of reduced bone density, which usually indicates osteoporosis.
Treatment of diseases and injuries of the locomotory system (joints, bones and ligaments).
Examination of the ears, nose and throat.
Specialist dermatological examination with the examination of moles
Regular examinations by a dermatologist are very important for the prevention, treatment and early detection of skin disease.
A clinical dietitian will analyse your body composition using an InBody analyser, analyse your current eating habbits, advice you on a healthy, protective diet and give you written instructions with a nutrition and exercise plan.
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL EXAMINATIONS
Other frequent additional examinations and procedures, that can be included to the preventive examination at your request and must be ordered in advance:
- Endoscopic procedures in analgosedation
- Ultrasound of soft cervical tissue (thyroid, lymph nodes, pancreas)
- Pulmonological examination (second opinion)
- Pulmonological examination (sleep breathing disorders)
- Breathing test for the detection of HP bacteria (no esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- Automatic ankle-brachial index measurement (no ultrasound of leg arteries)
- Specialist examination by an allergologist
- Tumor markers (women) – CEA (large bowel and other organs), Ca 19-9 (pancreas, gall bladder, stomach), Ca 125 (ovaries), Ca 15-3 (breasts)
- Tumor markers (men) – CEA (large bowel and other organs), Ca 19-9 (pancreas, gall bladder, stomach)
- Occupational medicine: sight, hearing, certificate (in cooperation with Zdravstveni dom Bled)
- Accompanying the patient – accommodation with breakfast, 9.5% VAT included
- Accompanying the patient – full-board, 9.5% VAT included
- Translation of the diagnosis of the preventive examination, 22% VAT included
These possible additional examinations are not included in the total cost of the preventive examination.