Comprehensive Health Evaluation
The two-day comprehensive preventive examination, which is carried out in Bled, involves the largest number of tests and is the most comprehensive and thorough. Our doctors therefore recommend it especially for those patients who are having the examination for the first time, or whose last examination was several years ago.
Comprehensive preventive examination consists of the following tests and services:
For the duration of the comprehensive preventive examination, which lasts 2 days, you will be under 24-hour control by a doctor and a nurse You will be accommodated in a hotel-type room and served the food, consistent with the requirements of your examination.
A comprehensive internistic treatment
A comprehensive internistic treatment involves the introductory specialist internist examination with a review of medical history and medical status. It also includes anthropometric measurements and the final consultation with the analysis and interpretation of the findings, as well as an assessment of the risk of developing a disease with an extensive written opinion.
Comprehensive laboratory tests
Blood work: complete blood count, sedimentation, haemostasis (prothrombin time (INR), bleeding time - if necessary)
Urine tests, uricult,
Biochemical tests: liver function indicators (AST, ALT, GGT, ALP, bilirubin), blood electrolytes (potassium, sodium, chlorine, calcium, phosphorus), renal function indicators (urea, creatinine, uric acid),pancreatic tests ( amylase, lipase), blood sugar, blood lipid profile (triglycerides and cholesterol), other parameters (CK, LDH, iron, proteins, albumin)
Other tests: thyroid hormones (TSH, fT4, TG – for women and men, if necessary), for men PSA – prostate antigen ß-cross laps (ctx) – markers of bone turnover in osteoporosis (if necessary).
With the above analyses we define the complete blood count, the functioning of the liver, kidneys, pancreas and thyroid, and evaluate the electrolyte balance, as well as the levels of iron, glucose and cholesterol in the blood.
Ultrasound and X-ray examinations
- Ultrasound of abdominal organs: examination of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, large abdominal vessels, urinary tract, prostate and reproductive organs,
- X-rays of the lungs and heart in two projections.
Gastroenterological examinations and diagnostics
- Gastroscopy: endoscopic examination of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.
The modern pace of life and eating habits also affect the functioning of the upper gastrointestinal tract and contribute to more frequent occurrence of gastritis, wounds on the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum, and increasingly also to the inflammation of oesophagus.
- Colonoscopy: endoscopic examination of the colon and a part of the small intestine.
The frequency of the cancer of the colon and rectum has increased rapidly in the recent years. Over 1500 patients per year gets sick in Slovenia, causing the disease to rank as the second most common cancer in men and third in women.
The most common discovery in colonoscopy are polyps. Over the years, these growths might develop in colon cancer. Often the polyps are detected at preventive health checks when they do not yet cause any problems. During the examination they are removed, which significantly reduces the risk of developing cancer.
At the request of the patient, endoscopic examination at Diagnostic Centre Bled may be performed under analgosedation for additional fee.
Gynaecological examination and diagnostics - women
Examination of the reproductive system:
- PAP smear test,
- gynaecological ultrasound.
Obstetrics is one of the few areas of medicine where a very simple examination can detect precancerous cervical lesions and cervical cancer. It also reveals changes in the vagina, especially various infections, detects tumours of the uterus and ovaries, and observes various anatomical changes.
Urological examination and diagnostics - males
Examination of the urinary tract:
- specialist urological examination,
- rectal examination of the prostate,
- uroflow: measure the flow of urine,
- PSA-analysis: analysis of the prostate-specific antigen, which is determined by blood sampling.
Prostate problems are often a cumbersome companion of men after the age of 40, regardless of whether the enlargement is benign or cancerous. With clinical examination, laboratory tests and a functional examination which measures the flow of urine, we can determine the right time for treatment.
Cardiological examination and diagnostics
A cardiovascular examination includes:
- Recording and inspection of an ECG: basic test in cardiology, which assesses the heart rhythm and function of the heart muscle.
- Spirometry: measurement of lung volumes and pulmonary function assessment. The exam test helps to differentiate the symptoms of pulmonary and cardiac diseases.
- Exercise stress test on a treadmill: it assesses the capacity of the cardiovascular system and determines heart function during exercise.
- Ultrasound examination of the heart: a test which identifies any changes in the valves, heart muscle thickening, chamber enlargement, etc.
- Ultrasound examination of the carotid arteries: the examination allows us to assess the early signs of atherosclerosis (hardening) of blood vessels.
Measurement of bone density in the spine and hip is recommended for individuals over the age of 35. The exam enables early detection of reduced bone density, which usually indicates osteoporosis.
Treatment of diseases and injuries of the locomotory system (joints, bones and ligaments).
Examination of the ears, nose and throat.
During the course of the examination, your doctor may identify the need for some additional tests, which may not be covered by our comprehensive preventive examination plan. The most common additional tests are biopsy and polypectomy, and histology of the removed polyps (analysis of the collected tissues in our in-house pathohistological laboratory).
Other frequent examinations are:
- thyroidological specialist examination with US of the thyroid gland,
- allergological specialist examination with skin tests for allergens,
- X-rays of a part of the skeleton,
- flexible cystoscopy,
- laboratory diagnosis of bone.
Duration of the comprehensive health examination in Bled is two working days. The comprehensive health examination starts on Monday morning and ends late in the afternoon on Tuesday. It is carried out according to a schedule that your get upon arrival to our centre.
By way of exception, the comprehensive health examination may also be carried out at weekends upon prior arrangement. Preventive health examination on weekends are intended for groups of at least eight examinees, who, due to the nature of their work, can not attend examinations during working days. These examinations are carried out on Fridays afternoon and on Saturdays.
Price for women: 1.555,00 €
Price for men: 1.515,00 €
Questions and making an appointment
For explanations and making an appointment for Preventive Health Evaluations, please contact:
T: +386 (0)4 579 84 08
T: +386 (0)4 579 82 93