Essential Health Evaluation
Essential Preventive Health evaluations includes recommended check-ups and examinations, optionally also with an examination by an occupational medicine specialist.
Fundamental preventive examination consists of the following tests and examinations:
A comprehensive internistic treatment
A comprehensive internistic treatment involves the introductory specialist internist examination with a review of medical history and medical status. It also includes anthropometric measurements and the final consultation with the analysis and interpretation of the findings, as well as an assessment of the risk of developing a disease. with an extensive written opinion.
Extended laboratory tests
- Blood work: complete blood count, sedimentation, haemostasis (prothrombin time (INR), bleeding time - if necessary),
- Urine tests, uricult,
- Biochemical tests: liver function indicators (AST, ALT, GGT, ALP, bilirubin), blood electrolytes (potassium, sodium, chlorine, calcium, phosphorus), renal function indicators (urea, creatinine, uric acid), pancreatic tests ( amylase, lipase), blood sugar, blood lipid profile (triglycerides and cholesterol), other parameters (CK, LDH, iron, proteins, albumin)
- Other tests: thyroid hormones (TSH, fT4, TG – for women and men, if necessary), for men PSA – prostate antigen ß-cross laps (ctx) – markers of bone turnover in osteoporosis (if necessary).
With the above analyses we define the complete blood count, the functioning of the liver, kidneys, pancreas and thyroid, and evaluate the electrolyte balance, as well as the levels of iron, glucose and cholesterol in the blood.
Ultrasound of abdominal organs
Examination of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, large abdominal vessels, urinary tract, prostate and reproductive organs.
Urological examination and diagnostics - males
Examination of the urinary tract:
- Specialist urological examination,
- Rectal examination of the prostate,
- Uroflow: measuring the flow of urine,
- PSA-analysis: analysis of the prostate-specific antigen, which is determined by blood sampling.
Prostate problems are often a cumbersome companion of men after the age of 40, regardless of whether the enlargement is benign or cancerous. With clinical examination, laboratory tests and a functional examination which measures the flow of urine, we can determine the right time for treatment.
Cardiological examination and diagnostics
A cardiovascular examination includes:
- Recording and inspection of an ECG: basic test in cardiology, which assesses the heart rhythm and function of the heart muscle.
- Spirometry: measurement of lung volumes and pulmonary function assessment. The exam test helps to differentiate the symptoms of pulmonary and cardiac diseases.
- Exercise stress test on a treadmill: it assesses the capacity of the cardiovascular system and determines heart function during exercise.
- Ultrasound examination of the heart: a test which identifies any changes in the valves, heart muscle thickening, chamber enlargement, etc.
- Ultrasound examination of the carotid arteries: the examination allows us to assess the early signs of atherosclerosis (hardening) of blood vessels.
An examination by a certified specialist in occupational medicine.
The essential health examination is done on
Thursday afternoon in our branch in Ljubljana. The examination ends in the
evening and is carried out according to a schedule that you get upon arrival to
our centre. Exceptionally, we can also perform essential health examination in
Bled on Mondays.
Price for women: 675,00 €, with an examination by an occupational medicine specialist: 740,00 €
Price for men: 765,00 €, with an examination by an occupational medicine specialist: 830,00 €
Questions and making an appointment
For explanations and making an appointment for Preventive Health Evaluations, please contact:
T: +386 (0)4 579 84 08
T: +386 (0)4 579 82 93